January 11, 2011

Song Words

So I have this song that I "composed" and "arranged" almost two years ago, that I wish I could record it or perform with my band at an indie gig or something. But till this day I am nowhere near that - because I haven't got the lyrics for it.

The song's arrangement is of emo punk rock or emo alternative rock with a driving bassline and electric guitar plucking (with distortion) in the verses, while the chorus will be melodic with this really heavy guitar distortion riffs like Radiohead's Creep. And the song "expands" towards the end in the last choruses, and finally the instruments fade out, leaving harmonic vocals and lastly a complete stop. The theme, the mood I'm setting in this song is darkness, depression, frustration, defeat and emo like most songs from some of my influencing bands like Radiohead, Cake, My Chemical Romance and Soul Asylum. Can your hear it playing in your ears now?



During our jam sessions, my friends and I would just hum or just throw any words to the melody to make out a song.

I'm not good with words, what more with poetry. I must be a right-brainer. I wish I'm more creative and poetic. Or should I just get drunk or stoned and scribble some garbage into the melody like Kurt Cobain did?

No comments: